The Hetalia Roleplay Forum

A roleplay centre for all of you Hetalia fans! Come in, pick a country, and enjoy roleplaying to your heart's content.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
[News] Join our discord! [Link] ~~~
[Important] STAFF POSITIONS NEEDED!!! [Link] (need advisors)~~~
[Management] We now have a new addition to the forum! Discord. [Link] ~~~
[Forum Update] You can now access RPHetalia on mobile! Just download an app called Topic'it! ~~~ ~~~

Share | 

This is 100% spam, just me offloading some feels so feel free to ignore this post (it's really important to me tho).

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: This is 100% spam, just me offloading some feels so feel free to ignore this post (it's really important to me tho).   Fri May 27, 2016 9:17 am

Of all the textbooks I've ever been required to read for school, I must say, Banana Yoshimoto's novella "Kitchen", which I had to read for English class is my all-time favorite. To be honest it's the only one I've re-read more than twice out of my own will and I feel like I do get something new out of the book every time I read it. I'm not exaggerating; the first time I read the book, I found it somewhat confusing and not all that interesting as the plot moved slowly and lacked drama, but after reading it for the second and third times I learned to appreciate the writing style and somehow, the characters just... snuck into my heart and stayed there. Thanks to "Kitchen"I now define a good book by whether or not it can make me cry (internally and/or externally, from emotional upheaval- I beg to differ, when I read the notorious Harry Potter Fanfiction "My Immortal" I was literally crying because my retinas were bleeding from how bad it was) in less than two hundred pages. That's one of the things I find so interesting, you could say, about the book. The first short story in the book, "Kitchen" was only a hundred and five pages long while the second, "Moonlight Shadows" was even shorter at forty five. Yet, I still feel like sobbing hysterically- not just because both stories are heavily centered around death. There is something subtle and beautiful yet heavily depressing in the writing, for which I envy the author Yoshimoto, although my copy of the book is an English-translated version. One day, when I have the sufficient skill in Japanese language, I swear I will buy the original book and read it. (I'm very sad that I can't seem to be able to find any of Yoshimoto's other works in bookstores... ;-;)
ALRIGHT BRO THAT'S ENOUGH SPAM FOR ONE DAY PEOPLE DON'T WANNA HEAR THIS SORTA WEIRD STUFF *slaps myself in the face*
#TrainThurnaxOut
Back to top Go down

This is 100% spam, just me offloading some feels so feel free to ignore this post (it's really important to me tho).
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1